Radio Commentaries

Week: October 28th - November 1st

This week, Eric discusses new data regarding the ongoing tug of war between creationism and Darwinian evolution in the United States.


10/28/19: New Poll on Creationist View


A recent poll reveals what Americans believe about the origin on Mankind and the results may surprise you.

From a Gallup poll conducted in June of this year, forty percent of U.S. adults believe God created humans in their present form within the past 10,000. Thirty-three percent of Americans think that humans evolved over millions of years, but the process was guided by God. Only twenty-two percent of Americans believe humans evolved without God's involvement. In other words, nearly twice as many people believe in the biblical creation account than in random evolution! That’s reassuring.

However, it is concerning that in the past thirty years the percentage of those who believe in unguided evolution has grown from ten percent to twenty-two percent.

Make sure your children are equipped to be discerning in their science classes.



10/29/19: College-Educated Beliefs about Origins


More college-educated Americans believe God created mankind than believe it occurred by random evolution.

In June of this year, Gallup conducted a poll asking Americans about their views on the origin of human life. They found that 33% of college-educated people believe in evolution without any divine involvement. They also found that 23% believe in the biblical account and 40% believe in God-guided evolution. Put those together and it means 63% believe God created mankind either as described by the Bible or in guiding the evolutionary process. When it comes to the views of college-educated Americans about the origin of life, the overwhelming majority believe it was an act of God.

Make sure your children are equipped to be discerning in their science classes. You need to be their gateway to better education.



10/30/19: CA & Biblical Creation


 The California Department of Education believes that exposing students to creationists' ideas about origins is legitimate for public schools to do.

The 2016 California Policy on Teaching Natural Sciences states: “Discussions of divine creation, ultimate purposes, or ultimate causes (the why) are appropriate to the history-social science and English-language arts curricula." 

While they don’t want the biblical creation story taught in Science class, students can learn all about the scientific evidence for creation in two other classes!

Our nation's view of our liberty coming from our Creator is important. It is academically legitimate to teach about it and to expose students to recent scientific understandings of scientists who believe in a Creator.

You will be amazed at just how much your state’s academic standards expect students to know about the Bible and Christianity. For a free copy of our research on your state’s standards, call 888-44-PARENT. That’s 888-44-PARENT.


10/31/19:The Environment & Intelligent Design


There are ways to expose public school students to a Christian worldview about creation without teaching them from Genesis.

In teaching about weather and clouds, a teacher can point out the difference between random chance (clouds looking like animals) and intelligent design (sky writing); or when studying rock formations or geography, a teacher can point out the difference between random chance and intelligent design by contrasting cliffs that look like faces on the one hand, and the faces carved into Mt. Rushmore.

As Percival Davis and Dean Kenyon point out in their book, Of Pandas and People: The Central Question of Biological Origins
"Whenever we recognize a sequence as meaningful symbols, we assume it is the handiwork of some intelligent cause…If science is based upon experience, then science tells us the message encoded in DNA must have originated from an intelligent cause." 


Helping Students Think about Creation

Of Pandas and People


11/01/19: Fishing for Evolution


What does the theory of evolution have to do with fishing?

Warren Nord, in his book, Religion and American Education, points out that when it comes to teaching about evolution, science classes today are like a fisherman who only uses a net with a three-inch mesh. Because of that he’s never caught a fish smaller than three inches, and erroneously concludes they don’t exist. 

Nord remarks that the "net" science uses doesn't catch everything there is to explain life, yet only what is caught in the "three-inch net" of science is considered real. For example, science requires natural explanations of events; it has no room for miracles or God. 

You can remind your children that science, by definition, cannot explain all that is real or important. Be a gateway to better education for your children.