Every Classroom in Ohio can Display “With God, All Things Are Possible”
Ohio has the best motto of any state, “With God, All Things Are Possible,” a quote from Jesus in Matthew 19:26. It also has a law that allows that motto to be posted in every classroom in the state.
Churches of Ohio, Act Now!!
OHIO STATE LAW
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, if a copy of the official motto of the United States of America "In God We Trust" or the official motto of Ohio "With God, All Things Are Possible" is donated to any school district, or if money is donated to the district specifically for the purpose of purchasing such material, the board of education of the school district shall accept the donation and display the motto in an appropriate manner in a classroom, auditorium, or cafeteria of a school building in the district, provided all of the following conditions are satisfied:
The motto is printed on durable, poster-quality paper or displayed in a frame.
The dimensions of the paper or frame are at least eight and one-half inches by eleven inches.
The copy contains no words other than the motto and language identifying the motto as the motto of the United States of America or Ohio.
The copy contains no images other than appropriate representations of the flag of the United States of America or Ohio.
(B) In lieu of complying with division (A) of this section, the board of education of any school district may adopt, by a majority vote of its membership, a resolution describing appropriate design requirements for copies of the official mottoes of the United States of America and Ohio that are different from the design requirements described in divisions (A)(1) to (4) of this section. If a copy of the official motto of the United States of America or Ohio that meets the design requirements described in the board's resolution is donated to the district, or if money is donated to the district specifically for the purpose of purchasing such material, the board shall accept the donation and display the motto in an appropriate manner in a classroom, auditorium, or cafeteria of a school building in the district. Effective Date: 10-12-2006.
[Note: The word “shall” means “must.” Schools must accept and display the donated signs.]
THE VISION: Ohio has 3,500 schools with 240,000 educators teaching more than 1.7 million schoolchildren and it has a LAW that supports putting signs into EVERY CLASSROOM that display “In God We Trust” and “With God, All Things Are Possible.” There are nearly a quarter million classrooms in Ohio waiting for these mottoes to decorate their walls. While many schools already have the mottoes in their main offices, let’s catch the vision for seeing them in every classroom.
Steps You Can Take
1. Contact your schools’ leaders and let them know you will be donating the funds or the actual displays to fulfill Ohio law 3313.801. Ask them for their ideas on how best to do this.
2. Inspire the members of your congregation (especially educators and parents) with the vision of posting the mottoes in all your local classrooms. At a minimum, all the educators in your church should post the motto displays in their classrooms.
3. Work within your local network of pastors to involve as many churches as possible in the vision.
4. Recruit a volunteer graphic designer to create the motto posters and a local printer to produce them within the guidelines of the law.
5. Designate a Sunday when you make the posters available to your congregation to pick up and donate to local teachers the following week.